Familiar Music
Artist: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Song Title: Free Bird
Run Time: 9:03
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY
Artist: Aerosmith
Song Title: Janie's Got A Gun
Run Time: 5:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQn2ADZE1A
Artist: Guns N' Roses
Song Title: Patience
Run Time: 5:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3X_ZpL_Hxc
Artist: Led Zeppelin
Song Title: When The Levee Breaks
Run Time: 7:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NaQZojWi6U
I chose to write my summary on Led Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks" because of the recent rainfall. I just felt like it was appropriate. I find Robert Plant's voice probably belongs to the baritone classification. He's capable of hitting very high notes and he's very flexible on the microphone. However, Plant doesn't make an entrance into track until about one minute and twenty seconds in. This allows the musicians an opportunity to work. I feel like this song has a polyphonic texture because of all the competing instruments. Jimmy's guitar, the harmonica, and of course the drums are all competing for the listeners attention which is only accompanied by Plants vocals. The song ends in a decrescendo as Jimmy plays a riff to declare that the music over as this is the final song on Led Zeppelin's forth album.
Unfamiliar Music
Artist: Pink Floyd
Song Title: Echoes
Run Time: 23:27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmADpBu_ZCA&list=PLYjaa9h0s4AasTvcKPAWEFi2lC3-qtXCW
I feel like I can listen to any genre of music and be relatively content with whatever may be being played. Pink Floyd is no exception as I've been a listener for a decent amount of time, but " echoes" seemed to slip under my radar. I couldn't think of a better time to listen to this song considering it is just above the minimum listening time. This piece is mostly an instrumental, but is inconsistent because it does implement some vocals at a few pivotal moments in the song. The guitar and a grand piano being the most prevalent instruments in this piece. The track is also fairly dynamic as the beginning is very soft, pianissimo, but grows louder throughout the songs entirety. However, I would say that the track is a relatively soft and mellow song. There are only brief instances where I feel this song could be categorized as a forte. What I found really fascinating was at the end of the track. They ended the track in a way I've never witnessed before which I found interesting. I felt like they ended the song with a mixture of crescendos and decrescendos which finally ended in another decrescendo.
No comments:
Post a Comment