I thought this class was very educational and I learned a lot of fascinating things I didn't previously know. Perhaps the lesson I found most beneficial was the musical texture project. It helped me identify different musical textures and was an overall beneficial assignment to say the least. I enjoyed the lecture part of class too because we were never doing the same thing. We varied almost every class between lectures, in class film, and in class listening. These were abnormal from any other of my other college courses. As much as I dislike schooling online I actually enjoyed the listening journals when I could get it to function properly for me. It allowed me to go back and realize what made me like the songs I did like in the first place. It also allowed me to get a taste of music I was previously unaware of and write about it after a couple listens. There wasn't any music we listened to or played that I felt was bad or in poor taste, but I can listen to any genre of music so that really doesn't say much.
I did have few gripes, but it didn't involve the instructor or classmates. It is more of a personal issue which is my own problem, but I have trouble focusing on any subject for three hours. I cant even play video games or do much of anything for three hours straight. My attention span is low to say the least, but I don't think that was ever a real problem. However, Mrs. Mills allowed one break per class period which was greatly appreciated. Another problem I had was finding constant computer/internet issues throughout the class. These technological difficulties made things a bit of a problem but I adjusted and tried to overcome those obstacles. I've never been a fan of internet schooling or posting on a blog, but I don't think it ever interfered with my learning process. It did nothing to hinder my learning of the musical arts and I would refer anyone with a slight interest in music to Mrs. Mills music appreciation course.
No comments:
Post a Comment